Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet Potato Tacos

I promise, this is my last sweet potato/spinach combo in the near future.

Once again, I was unsure about this combination (sweet potatoes and SALSA?!) But it really ended up being delicious. For being a meat-free meal it was more filling than had I made a wrap with ham on it and some vegetables.

The sweet taste of the sweet potato was not overpowering, which could have been weird given the nature of this meal. The salsa and sweet potato at first thought made me squeamish, but when I put it in my mouth I realized there was no reason to worry.

Sweet Potato Tacos

Ingredients
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup kidney beans
1 tortilla
small handful of spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Brummel&Brown yogurt spread

Directions
1. In a small pot boil the sweet potato. When soft mash with salt, pepper, and Brummel&Brown. Mix in the beans.

2. In a skillet heat up the tortilla.

3. Place a handful of spinach on the tortilla and top with the sweet potato.

* garnish with salsa and sour cream if you desire (I suggest it!!), though I did not include those in the calorie calculations

* serves 1

CALORIES: 356 calories
CHOLESTEROL: 0 milligrams
FAT: 10 grams
SODIUM: 942 milligrams

No comments:

Post a Comment