Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Curried Turkey Burgers

I am so incredibly behind on sharing my meals. I mean, hell, this dish was cooked on the 17th of the month - 2 weeks ago!

School has started and unfortunately (but predictably), homework overwhelms almost every second of my breathing life. If I'm not doing homework I'm in class. If I'm not doing either of those, I'm at work. And such is life. The good news is that even with school in session, I still have found time to cook myself dinner.

This burger was another request from one of my MFP friends. I really love turkey burgers. Because ground turkey can be so bland, I love all the different variations on a burger it can create with just a few shakes of spice jar.

I am sharing this burger with Kahakai Kitchen's Souper Sundays! Yeah, yeah, it's not a soup, but they accept sandwiches and salads as well.

Curried Turkey Burgers

Ingredients
8 oz ground turkey
2 tbsp egg substitute
2 tbsp red onion, minced
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
olive oil, for brushing
2 hamburger buns
tomato slices

Directions
1. In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg substitute, red onion, cilantro, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, cumin, and curry powder. Make 2 patties out of the meat mixture.

2. Brush the patties with a little bit of olive oil. Heat a skillet and cook the patties 5-8 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and cooked all the way through.

3. Place each patty on a bun and top with tomato slices (or whatever else goes on your burgers!)

CALORIES: 318 calories
CHOLESTEROL: 127 milligrams
FAT: 11 grams

1 comment:

  1. Curry is the perfect pairing for turkey--these burgers look fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with Souper Sundays.

    ReplyDelete