Friday, June 3, 2011

Vegetable Lo Mein

I told you I was going to be participating in foodie blogging stuff! I wasn't lying! But really I don't even know who I'm talking to. I only have one follower. How pathetic is that?

This dish was served with Spicy Ginger Cashew Chicken, which wasn't horrible but at the same time it wasn't my favorite thing ever and it's why I'm not including the recipe beyond the link in this post. The noodles however were a different story. First off, that picture of my plate is actually 1/2 serving of the pasta. There was SO much. And it was SO good. This pasta was so full of veggies, having edamame, red pepper, mushrooms, and onion. The original recipe also included mustard greens, which I'm sure would have been good but I didn't have any. I think spinach would have made a good replacement for that though and actually, when I make it again I think I would definitely include spinach.

So anyway, I'm submitting the lo mein to presto pasta. Once a week there's a roundup of all kinds of different pasta dishes. This week's Presto Pasta is hosted by From Kirsten's Kitchen To Yours.

Vegetable Lo Mein

Ingredients
10 oz angel hair pasta
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 inch ginger, thinly sliced
3 garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup frozen edamame
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil

Directions
1. Prepare the noodles per the instructions on the package. Toss with 1 tbsp sesame oil.

2. In a skillet heat 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger, and onions until lightly softened.

3. Add mushrooms and bell peppers until lightly softened.

4. Add the noodles and the frozen edamame until heated through.

5. Add soy sauce and hoisin sauce and toss through.

* serves 4

CALORIES: 398 calories
CHOLESTEROL: 0 milligrams
FAT: 9 grams
SODIUM: 841 milligrams

1 comment: