Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pistachio Cake

Over on livejournal there's a baking community called BakeBakeBake. Over on BakeBakeBake there's a monthly challenge, with some sort of theme. This month's theme is GREEN. I thought long and hard about what I could make and I considered for a little bit baking something with spinach or some other green leafy vegetable. But I decided I needed something less healthy in my life. And you know, I just really enjoy baking cakes and other treats.

But I'm going to admit, this was a super easy recipe because it's a cake box mix that was altered. I usually don't take such an easy route to baking, but the simplicity of it definitely wasn't negative. So here it is - a green cake.

In terms of taste, I really enjoyed it. It's not too sweet in the least. Matt said it could have used some frosting, but I think if anything maybe a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

Pistachio Cake

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
7 drops green food coloring

Directions

1. In a bowl mix together all the ingredients. You can either beat with a mixer or mix by hand. I did the latter. Mix until there's no lumps.

2. Pour into a greased tube pan. In a preheated oven, bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

3. Let cool and remove from pan and place on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. I think we are twins! I am also a law student, I just made a recipe involving pistachio pudding, and we use the same background on Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! We are the same!

    ReplyDelete