Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Olive "Pizza"

The only complaint of this recipe was it was a little too lemony.

It's not that I don't like lemons, but for what this was some of the acidic taste of the lemon was fine, but the amount that this recipe called for was overpowering.

This is a recipe from the June 2009 Cooking Light, with some variations made (though I should have varied the lemon as well.. too bad I didn't know beforehand!)

I have a shelf of cookbooks and old magazines full of recipes, though I don't actually have a subscription to any food magazine nor have I ever. I have contemplated it, but there's not always something I want to cook in a magazine and I worry that a subscription could end up not bringing me many new things I want to try. The magazines that I do have, I cook out of regularly. Most of them are Cooking Light. Because of this, I'll be submitting tonight's dinner to Cream Puffs in Venice's Magazine Mondays.

My picture tonight is hardly worthy. It doesn't really demonstrate at all what the meal looked like (besides that the "salad" was dismal). I was having lighting issues and the flash proceeded to white everything out, but despite what I did, I couldn't get it in enough light without the flash.. So I proceeded to blind the whole thing.

Oh well. I am not a photographer.

Olive "Pizza"

Ingredients

2 tbsp black olives
1 1/2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 tbsp drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove minced fresh garlic
1/2 tsp water
1 (8-oz) loaf Italian bread, split in half horizontally
1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
3 tbsp feta cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450.

2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Place bottom half of bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet (reserving the top half for another use). Spread olive mixture over bread. Arrange chicken over bread and sprinkle with cheese.

3. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Cut in half.

* serves 2

CALORIES: 239 calories
CHOLESTEROL: 48 milligrams
FAT: 4 grams
SODIUM: 732 milligrams

1 comment:

  1. You are so cool! Being a cook and a law student will certainly help you on those sleepless nights of studying. Haha! BTW, I can be a jury of your pizza if you want a trial. Get it? Hehehe!

    Charla Mcguyer

    ReplyDelete