Friday, May 27, 2011

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I have lost an exorbitant amount of weight using the website myfitnesspal. On the forums I run a weekly challenge, revolving around a certain food choice. The winner of the challenge chooses the next challenge.

This week the challenge was bell peppers. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. This was one of the occasions where I really really did. It was also one of the occasions where the boyfriend who never likes bell peppers liked them.

I'm not really sure what made it different this time, but they definitely were cooked enough to weird me out and the flavor of the Cajun spice definitely complimented the peppers.

That being said - this dish was super high in sodium like wow.

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Ingredients
4 ounces pasta
4 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons Brummel&Brown yogurt spread
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup 1% milk
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.

2. Place the chicken and Cajun seasoning in a ziplock bag. Shake to cover.

3. In a large skillet sautee the chicken in the yogurt spread for about 5-7 minutes.

4. Add the peppers, mushrooms, and green onion. Saute 3 minutes. Reduce heat.

5. Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through.

6. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.

* serves 2

CALORIES: 460 calories
CARBS: 63 grams
PROTEIN: 29 grams
SODIUM: 1383 milligrams

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite dish I made it many times in my home to follow your steps and get the amazing taste, especially all of my family members like this Cajun Chicken Pasta.Especially thanks to sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete