Monday, May 23, 2011

Cantonese Chicken Bok Choy Stir Fry

Dinner tonight didn't look particularly pretty and for some reason it came out a whole lot more liquidy than it should have. BUT, the flavor of the dish was excellent.

Today was my first day at my summer internship at a public defender's office. I was a little unsure about how cooking was going to go after working all day, but it went well. I'm eating an hour later than I would if I weren't working, but at least I'm not eating fast food... Like I did when I last had a job. And got really fat.

Tonight's dinner recipe comes from Food Network Magazine's December 2010 edition.

Cantonese Chicken Bok Choy Stir Fry

Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
1/2 cup oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 thin slices peeled ginger
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
10 oz sliced mushrooms
12 oz bok choy, cut crosswise into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tsp sesame oil

Directions
1. Toss the chicken with the oyster sauce and set aside. Mix the cornstarch with 3 tbsp water in another bowl and also set aside.

2. Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the oil, then add the green onions, ginger, and garlic. Stir fry for 20 seconds. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 3 minutes.

3. Add the broth and sesame oil and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture. Return to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

4. Serve over rice.

* serves 4

Nutrition (without rice):
CALORIES: 303 calories
CARBS: 12 grams
PROTEIN: 38 grams
SODIUM: 415 milligrams


No comments:

Post a Comment